I tried to deploy my app into weblogic app server using maven2. Yes, there are a few ways. You can use cargo and weblogic maven plugin. I just tried to use the simple 1 which is the cargo plugin. It seems that this plugin has a problem on the repo. I got so many problem of redirection problem (as the maven2 has a problem on doing redirection once the repository is moved to another server). This gave me a problem of the metadata in my local repository. It seems to many things to do and I just gave up on dealing with this plugin.
Having such problem on the cargo plugin. I try to use weblogic plugin as in the following:
The following are the steps that I go through to get my app deployed onto my weblogic.
1. Insert the following piece of xml code onto the settings.xml. Insert the following configuration:
2. Insert the following piece of xml code into
3. As you might see on the above configuration that the plugin needs 2 weblogic's plugins. Those are wlfullclient and com.bea.core.descriptor.wl. I just need to install the manually. You can find artifact com.bea.core.descriptor.wl in the directory of
a. go to the mentioned directory.
b. execute the following command to merge all jars:
java -jar ../../../modules/com.bea.core.jarbuilder_
4. Create the war package of your app by executing the following command: mvn package
I use maven-war-plugin version 2.0.2 to package my application as the default version seems to have a problem.
5. Deploy the app to a running weblogic (Ensure that the weblogic server is running). Take a note that I am using a remote deployment instead of local one even the app server is on my local.
Execute the following command the get it deployed.