Sunday, April 6, 2008

Retrieve Hardware Information

Is there a way to retrieve information regarding to hardware information using java? errmm I have looking through google about this question... wakakakak pity me... i couldnt found any result. I hope I can find library can be used to retrieve hardware information.....

However, the only way to retrieve such information is only through platform command. It means that every platform that your application will run on, you need to issue one specific command.... wakakakak what an ugly arch. there is no way again....

Actually this information is used for my plugin development. I want to take a part on codegeist competition (!!! Guys please pray for me on it .... :P) I want to make a plugin to monitor all of the machine or resources that is connected to Confluence server thus we can see what kind of resource that you have. Moreover, you can control the resource as you want. But again since this kind of instruction is not really platform independent (since java need a command from the OS where it is running on). So I guess I have no choice anymore... I need to use it.

No comments: